There may be heaps of ‘Okanagan Champagne Powder’ up at Big White, but there is also an abundance of excellent wines and tasting experiences to discover this winter.
Question: “So, when do you guys close up shop for the season”?
Answer: “As long as there is wine to drink, we are touring.”
If you don’t send out the invitations, no one’s going to show up to the party. So, consider this an open invitation to join us this winter—we tour year-round!
We are pleased to be a part of Tourism Kelowna’s Winter marketing initiative, which celebrates Kelowna as a year-round destination. Along with our partners and friends, we’re making a concerted effort to celebrate Winter in Wine Country. The term “four-season playground” gets bandied about quite a bit. Hackneyed or not, it’s the truth – Kelowna really is Ripe With Surprises, no matter the time of year.
Of course, we are a bit biased when it comes to what to do in Kelowna in the winter! Wine touring during the winter months affords our guests the opportunity to experience the ‘Great Indoors’ of BC Wine Country. It’s a quiet, peaceful time in the vineyards and in the tasting rooms, and with Fall releases being made available a short time ago, those cozy, soothing, delicious reds you’ve been waiting for are ready for you to sample and take home and hoard…or…to share with friends, or give as gifts. You may even be surprised as occasionally wineries will have “something extra” open, not available during the busier months.
Our public, mixed-group Kelowna Wine Tour is our most available tour, but we are also available for private tours and our Platinum Experience tours. Stunning views of the city, surrounding mountains, the gorgeous vineyards and orchards at rest, and our beautiful lake all set a dramatic wintertime backdrop for these tours. And we won’t let you go hungry: our ‘almost famous’ picnic lunch is included in the price of the tour. Wine touring requires sustenance, and we’ve got you covered!
We’ve also added a visit to our favourite new microbrewery to our tours, that being Vice & Virtue Brewing Co. Refreshing, quaffable brews are paired with delectable cuisine – the perfect ending to the quintessential Okanagan winter’s day.
Something we find very exciting is the news that many wineries along the Naramata Bench and in the South Okanagan are remaining open this winter. So, if you’ve never been (or if you’d like to go again during this quieter season), just contact us for info and booking.
Still need convincing? Here are a few ideas to get your gears in motion:
- Give the Experience: Tick-tock, the “big day” is coming. Who doesn’t want to receive an Experience Wine Tours Gift Card during this season of giving? Available in a variety of denominations, or for specific tours.
- Book your staff party with us: Play hooky for the day (with the boss’s blessing, of course!) and spend the workday touring with us. Our Executive Experience Tour offers elevated tasting experiences at two wineries, a distillery, and our favourite brewery, Vice & Virtue. Treat Yo’self!
- Beat the “post-Christmas Blues”: Tour with us during the ‘gap’ between Christmas & New Year’s Day. How much cheese can you possibly consume, alone, hiding from your relatives that are still. in. your. house? Get the group together and toast the season!
- Ski to Inland Sea: We now pick up from Big White! Break up your ski holiday and join us on tour. Get off the mountain for the day, give those burning quads a rest, and revel in the brilliance of Winter in Wine Country. Stock up on those bottles you probably won’t find up in the Village!
- Romantic ‘couples time’: Just the two of you. Wine. Insert sexy-time music here.
- Get out and explore: Locals, there’s no need to sit indoors all winter staring hatefully at the snow – this is a fantastic time for your own research & development. By the time your summer visitors come, you’ll be well-versed in the local wine scene. And you’ll know exactly who to contact for your tour!
Embrace the season and #explorekelowna this winter – Experience a Wine Tour Wonderland! Book through the Tourism Kelowna Winter Promotions link and you’ll also receive a $30 Gift Card valid for your next tour with us!
Get in touch anytime online at www.experiencewinetours.ca – we can’t wait to tour with you!
Source: Wine Tour Wonderland | http://experiencewinetours.ca